Friday, March 7, 2008

I am currently cooking lasagna and chocolate muffins along with trying to clean the house. Patrick's mother and brother are coming in tomorrow for a couple of days and I'm trying to do my best to pretend I am all homey and jazz...HA. I figure make a lasagna, have some chocolate muffins and his mother might overlook some of the lesser aspects of the house. The fact that we don't really have any curtains or the dustiness we just can't get rid of. Its not that I'm nervous, I'm just worried she won't be impressed, or something. They're going to be up here until Wednesday so we have a good couple of days of family time. There's enough of my family around, its good his is coming up. I know we're going to Boston on Sunday, but other than that we have nothing planned. Providence, and RI in general, isn't the most inviting place in the winter. All the good stuff doesn't get started for another month or so. I am going to take half a day on Tuesday to hang out with them and I am at a complete loss of what to do. Movies? Mall? RISD museum? In order not to worry I am going out with Alexis to see Keller Williams tonight(!!!)

I feel kind of strange announcing to the world my weight watchers status, so as of next week just remember I'm on it. From time to time I might update those who don't see me, but thats only if its really good. This week, not really good. Then again, it wasn't really bad either. Nothing, absolutely nothing. I didn't gain or loose. Its partly frustrating, but then again I didn't gain. I will say that I adore our leader and she always has good ideas and recipes.

Making the lifestyle changes required to succeed at WW is tough. The whole counting thing isn't a big deal at all, its changing how I think about food. While I've always *tried* (kinda, sorta, sometimes) to eat relatively healthy, I've made some huge overhauls in my eating habits. Its a constant source of amusement and awe. Grocery shopping is definitely not the same anymore. Unfortunately grocery shopping in Prov is a pain in the ass in and of itself. Adding on being broke AND being on WW its a mammoth undertaking. There are three places to shop in the city (well, pretty much) and it is a distinct hierarchy. Whole Foods, Stop and Shop and Save-A-Lot. I can't afford Whole Foods, Stop and Shop has horrible produce and Save-A-Lot, well...its Save-A-Lot. Never, ever go the first Saturday of the month, its a headache and a half. Instead of dealing with the Stop and Shop I don't like I've taken it upon myself to shop in Woonsocket. Its a little out of my way, but Shaws and Price Rite are totally worth it.

Wow, I really am a middle aged house wife. A post about GROCERY SHOPPING?? I have food on my brain, its really all we do in the office. That and I play scrabulous on Facebook. Tracking is always exciting. It is, sometimes. I've spent the past 3 mornings I've worked running around like a chicken with my head cut off dealing with 5 different schools and making sure all 22 kids aren't in trouble. Its an undertaking to say the least.

But now I have to check my chocolate (and pumpkin) muffins and make the lasagna. Keller Williams calls!

No comments: