Thursday, March 13, 2008

I have some wonderfully exciting news, Emily is moving back up to Providence in June! I'm so excited about having a best friend here. Its been 6 years since we've lived in the same state. Having her around is going to be amazing. I am in dire need of a good girlfriend. I don't think I've seen any "friends" in 2 weeks, besides dave. Things are frustrating and a little bit lonely these days.

In my never ending effort to keep my checking account balance over zero I've signed up for some extra shifts at work. Tides is forming a bunch of new programs and I'm doing "modified tracking" on my off nights. 2 or 3 nights a week I'm tracking 5 kids in Providence. I did 2 intakes today. Providence kids are a little bit different from my Woonsocket ones, must be the city living. Right now its a mess of confusion and nobody knows whats going on. The other day I went out and bought myself a day planner with hourly slots. In college those things stressed me out, but now with 5 extra kids and all that is involved with that I have to have it. We're running into some serious problems, like not having a work phone for it. It would be almost impossible to have one considering that I'm not passing a phone back and forth between myself and a kid in Pawtucket. Rhode Island maybe be small, but not that small. And gas is friggin expensive. Once I get started, which will be next week, I'm going to be getting about $400 extra a month, which isn't too bad considering I'm just extending my work day from 5 to 7ish. It sucks because that cuts into dinner time and all that, but Patrick and I can just move dinner back a little. I'm going to have to be more creative in preparing food that doesn't take an hour. Nobody likes eating at 9 pm.

The in laws were up this week from South Florida. Patrick's mother and youngest brother came up for spring break. It was a nice trip, especially because she kind of went grocery shopping. We have tons of eggs and milk now at least. That and a chicken carcass I need to boil down. mmm, carcasses! We went up to Boston on Sunday. They decided to do a trolly tour. Unfortunately we weren't on it for very long, but I enjoyed it while we drove around Boston. I learned a couple new things about the city I didn't know. A molasses flood? who knew? We also went to the USS constitution. That is one touristy thing I hadn't done before this past weekend. I surprisingly enjoyed it, even though it was absolutely freezing outside. They also went up to Salem to do some touristy stuff. I couldn't go because it was my Monday on. Everyone sounded like they had a fun time. I hope his mother enjoyed herself and doesn't think I'm too much of a heathen and awful girlfriend for her son.

No comments: