Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting your hair cut at a new salon is always a gamble and today, well...I lost. I lost about 5 inches of hair and $80. Being Monday, the place that I wanted to go wasn't open, so I went to this place on Thayer. I figured I could go in, get the haircut I wanted and get my eyebrows done all at the same time. I at least got my eyebrows done even if I didn't get the haircut I wanted. The concept is pretty simple, especially because it is the "in" haircut. I wanted to get what Mindy gave me last time she did my hair. Unfortunately I didn't expect a smelly (seriously, I had to hold my nose while he was washing my hair) man who didn't really understand the words "inverted" and "layers." I want a bob, I want it layered. SIMPLE. He had to go back and fix it twice and I'm still not happy. I'm going to let some friends see it and figure out if i want to go back and pitch a fit or not. He also doubled the price I was told just because he blow dried it. Didn't style, just blow dried. I could have done that at home and walked my ass back down for him to finish cutting it. Now I feel bad because I don't want to go in there and get someone else to fix it if I decide thats what needs to be done. If I do go back, it will probably be on Wednesday and I'll ask for the manager. We'll see what the friends have to say about it. Ugh, I am very very upset right now.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hey! (its Jessie)
I always read your blogs, I love that you update so often. Much class time has been spent on your blog, in fact. So i thought it was time i stopped being creepy and left a comment.

I'm sure your hair looks fine, at least the way i'm imagining it, it looks cute. You should put some pics up though! And i think you should go back and pitch a fit even if you do like it. You asked for a specific haircut and he didn't give it to you. Maybe they will give you some free hair care services, at least.