Friday, October 5, 2007

Real World: Providence

Newsflash, the real world sucks. Its expensive, its tiring and sometimes all I want are my mommy and daddy. and my dog. There are two issues that constantly get me all riled up, housework and bills. I know, I have finally joined the ranks of adults out there. Well, adults who talk to their mom almost every day. This apartment versus living in the commons brings out a whole new world of housecleaning obstacles. Tuscaloosa was like training camp for having a real apartment, with *gasp* a boy. Maybe its because the apartment is bigger, I really have no idea. But there is alwayssomething to clean. Between washing dishes (no dishwasher), sweeping the floor and cleaning up other crap I feel as if the mess of our place is looming over me constantly. Sometimes I can't sleep, seriously. Don't get me wrong though, its not like I'm doing all the work or anything. That mere thought is laughable. Patrick and I are pretty good about getting things done. He's my automatic dishwasher. I'm the good housewife who cooks.

And bills, the bane of my existence. That and our upstairs neighbors, and my computer. Between the two of us our combined income lands slightly above "flat ass broke" making for an interesting life. I scour the newspaper for coupons, I shop at wal-mart if at all possible. If there's a financial short cut I'll take it. I haven't gotten my hair cut or eaten anything besides the cheapest fare in 3 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about our lifestyle, it keeps things interesting. Its just that this stuff's expensive!!! We bought a couch, there goes excessive amounts of money. We have rent, utilities, cell phones and other things to buy like beer. I have a membership at the Y (which i'm still trying to bring myself to use regularly). Life is expensive and sometimes it sucks. At least I got a second job which should make me some decent money. It doesn't help that I'm getting thoroughly frustrated with the job hunt. I'm so tired of waiting tables and the restaurant i'm at doesn't help. All in all, I shouldn't complain too much. We're eating on a regular basis, we're having fun and things are great. I just wouldn't mind if someone threw a few extra grand our way : )

No comments: