Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is Upon Us

Yay, fall. Its cold and its dreary. The appeal of pick your own pumpkins slightly diminishes with each dreary and rainy day. But we are going to usher in fall in a totally Prov way, we're going to McCoy stadium to look at tons of jack-o-lanterns. I think they said it was around 5,000. And if we get cold, well thats what the flask is for, right?

As usual work at the restaurant sucked. Well it sucked more than usual. Or stunk with....DEAD MOUSE. I kid you not. I noticed a funky smell over by the linen bag a few days ago and today the manager noticed it too. Luckily she made one of the kitchen guys to head down into a nasty little cubby hole only to realize there was a *eek* mouse trap with a significantly dead mouse in it. Well, at least we found the stinky culprit. Tuesday at the bar I was talking to a guy who said he'd never go back to my restaurant because he saw a mouse. I didn't believe him. He sure showed me right. To top off my smelly day I only made $16 AND i only have 1 night shift a week for the next few weeks. If less than 20 a day won't light a fire under my ass about getting a new job, nothing will. Thanks to my amazing and wonderful best friend's help I sent out a bunch new (and improved) cover letters and this time I'm going to bother people. Dear baby Jesus, I need a real job!

Oh yeah, and hi Uncle Eric if you make it over here.

No comments: