Saturday, October 6, 2007

Long Time

I just finished rereading Chloe Does Yale for about the 8th time. Even though it is (non crappy) chick lit, it always leaves me thinking about life and everything I want from it. It makes me think about something I never really had the self confidence to do, write. I'm not sure what it is about the book that makes me retrospective about my deep down desires, but it does. The thing is back in high school and even for a bit in college people loved my writing. I used to send friends poetry and they enjoyed it and said how good it is. Now, for some reason, I haven't thought about writing poetry. Instead I have another opportunity, there is a writing contest that I am doing with a girlfriend. I made the decision to take the risk and sit at my computer and write, this time a story. 50,000 words is a lot, but I think I might be able to do it and make it enjoyable. Literature is something I have always enjoyed so why not take an active role in something I love? And why not do it with a new found and pretty darn cool friend? So, I'm taking the plunge and its been a long time coming.

No comments: