Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Right now it is a positively warm 59 degrees outside at 10 in the morning. in january. I am officially loving this weather and plan on enjoying it for the next few days. This means there will be no bundling up, i can wear shoes other than my 2 pairs of boots and short sleeve shirts!! Absolutely fantastic. Of course this lovely weather is going to end with rain and then more snow. Such is life in New England I guess.

This weekend we didn't do much to enjoy the weather. Luckily I was off but the only thing I really did was help patrick out and work the raffle at brown. Basically I'm the best girlfriend in the world, and I made $15. On Sunday we had a much more active day. I made a whole turkey dinner and we had friends over. I cooked everything from scratch, including the gravy. Things turned out fantastically and I am so proud of myself. We also broke out the board games along with watching the premiere of American Gladiators. I love the fact that we can get together with friends and play Scrabble and Scatagories and (most) everyone is happy. The premiere of American Gladiators was pretty awesome too. There was a lot of screaming, yelling and cheering. Overall the show gets thumbs up, at least until we get sick of it. The day was nice, kind of like being a kid again. What is more iconic than our childhood than American Gladiators? The show changed a bit from the original, but it was totally worth it.

Right now we have a lot of things in the working for this upcoming month. It amazes me how busy we get! We're trying to plan a bowling night, roller skating night along with all the normal weekend stuff we try to get in. On top of that Patrick and I are going to see Spamalot in Boston AND we'll be having company for a few days. And of course my birthday! Being a grown up kind of rocks, especially when I have such wonderful friends. Of course, being a grown up is calling me right now, I have to leave for work. Going back after the 3 day weekend is always hard. Especially because I don't have to be there until noon. But my children need me and I have to go to the gym this evening after work.

No comments: