Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today was a very happy day in our little household. Six months after being "moved in" we finally got our bed frame. Yes, now our bed is off the cold floor and our room looks less like a cell and more like, yanno, a bedroom. I am terribly excited and now I might actually make an effort to decorate it. That is if I ever have enough money. But thats a whole 'nother story. I want to run to home goods and all those good stores and buy up all the brown and gold stuff I can find. Maybe tomorrow, after all it is MY BIRTHDAY!

Right now my birthday plans consist of hanging out with Patrick tomorrow night, Mike on Friday and then everyone else on Saturday for the real shindig. We're going to gussy up and head out to Prov, which is a local club. I've never been there but its past time to diversify our drinking locations, seriously. I don't think we've been to a new bar since...October I believe. We are in a serious alcohol rut. All will be well come Saturday night. I'm excited about the festivities, I'm even thinking about trying to do a VIP thing if it doesn't cost too much money. I am going to call tomorrow night.

Its strange, I'm constantly thinking about things to post about, writing them in my head and whatnot, then as soon as I get around to sitting at the computer my mind goes completely blank. What else is going on in Caro-world? I am slowly but surely turning into a middle aged housewife. This past weekend I added knitting onto my list of old lady activities. Okay, so cooking and watching Medium in and of themselves, not so bad. When you mix in some knitting? Well, lets just say I need to get out more. Even if it is just to a friend's house to ...knit. I bought a book about knitting so I can do more than complete the "scarf" that I'm working on. We'll see if it turns out into something more than a yard of knitted ickiness soon. I plan on going to the knitting store down the street from me this week to see if there are any classes. According to my grandmother I have a marginable amount of talent and I enjoy it. I figure why the hell not? Speaking of being a housewife, I have 2 great new websites for shopping that I've stumbled across (one I found in Real Simple magazine, my new favorite next to cooking light) www.thecompanystore.com and www.uncommongoods.com. They're awesome.

The job has been job like. There's not too much I can talk about here, considering confidentiality and all that. It might be the most trying thing I've ever done. These kids are TOUGH. They're all awesome, but sometimes I can't wait until my 3 day weekend without the phone. Drama and stuff going on is never ending. I am beginning to understand why this position is only a year. And they definitely don't pay us nearly enough. But this is a great job to do while I make those big decisions about my life, like what I'm going to be when I grow up. At the current moment I'm leaning back towards teaching high school english. Maybe thats what I'm really meant to do. I'm beginning to think so.

One last thing, I have new phone and for some reason all my numbers weren't saved on my SIM card. I need pretty much everyone's number. Yeah, I suck.

No comments: