Sunday, December 30, 2007

In an excessive attempt to catch up I figured I'd remove myself from position of "lurker" at Sundry's blog. And Christmas was so busy and crazy that I don't have the time to recap right now. But it was great. So for the 2007 Wrap Up


1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?


The past 6 months have been full of stuff I have never done before. Moving, moving in with a boy, getting a new job, starting from scratch at a new place.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


If I made one I know it was to lose weight, that didn't happen. But I did just join a new gym that I'll actually go to

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


No, that will be next year

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit?

Yet again I haven't made it out of the country. Once Patrick and I are up and running with some disposable income there are numerous places I want to go.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

The confidence in myself that I can make a difference at my job. I was so convinced I would never get one that now I'm focusing on what I can do to help these kids.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

A-day game, when I met Patrick. Graduation, duh graduation. And that was when we go together. Basically a whole lot of Patrick!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finding the courage to take a huge risk in my life and come to Prov.

9. What was your biggest failure?

There are a few relationships that I failed at this past year. Letting people get too far away for one reason or another.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Once again, I have been lucky asides the few scrapes and bruises

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Probably the couch, its still fantastic.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Locally, I would have to say Patti from my work. She's on sabbatical from her corporate job to come hang out with us at Tides. On a grander scheme? There are so many people to choose from. I would have to say the amazing women at the blogs I read, feministing and feministe (and Sundry of course!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I'll admit it, Britney Spears and many other celebrities. I am obsessed with all that trash.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Hm, rent, food, realizing I'm in the real world now.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The past 6 months have been nothing but excitement! Apartment, boyfriend, job, friends. I kind of live an exciting life : )

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

You know, thats really hard to decide. I'm going to have to think on that.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

a?happier definitely b) probably fatter yet, but I am seriously working on it. c) I can't really compare because the whole college/real world thing and waitressing/real job.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Working out, studying (actually getting that paper published). Other than really working out, I'm happy with what I did.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Okay, well maybe less physically destructive acts. Yanno, smoking and all that.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With Barb and my family up in Mass.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Duh! Most amazingly

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are my new favorites

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Hate is a strong word. In my personal life? Not really. Politically? Pretty much all of the Republican Presidential candidates.

24. What was the best book you read?

Mists of Avalon in my Arthurian legend class most likely.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Oh, I've made a few over the past few weeks. I would have to say my fav right now is Sarah Bareilles.

26. What did you want and get?

A big girl job! And a coffee maker from my mom.

27. What did you want and not get?

A multitude of other big girl jobs, and a whole lot of non earth shattering stuff.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Jess came down and we went out then to the SAE house. That was a rough yet amazingly fun night with great friends!!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If I would have gotten rid of major emotional baggage much much sooner.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

"Whatever's on sale at the mall"?
32. What kept you sane?

The roomies in Tuscaloosa and Patrick

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

There are so many. Right now I'm in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

There were so many. The Jena 6 was really important to me, along with my normal political leanings and issues.

35. Who did you miss?

everyone. Mom, Dad, Breanne, Jessica, Emily, Martha, Katie, and pretty much everyone south of the Mason Dixon!

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Hands down, Patrick. But if I have to diversify my answers a little but I have to say that I have met some great people who are amazing friends up here in Prov.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

That I'm not as much of a failure as I thought I was. There are things I can do if I actually put my mind to it. And risks aren't always so big and scary to take.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.

-Sylvia Plath. While its not a song lyric (I'll think one up) it is one a quote that has described me for a really long time. Now that I read it, the sentiment of that quote isn't who I am anymore. While I am still neurotic to some degree. Its not the same mass confusion about who I am and the whole concept of mutually assured (I always thing destruction). I can see how my life is full of compromises and every once in a while concessions. But I'm so much happier for it.



Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: