Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The nice warm weather is on the express train out of Providence and surrounding areas. And by express train I mean the high tonight is 30 and there might be frost/snow this weekend. We haven't quite yet turned on the heat but we're going to fire up the space heater Nona gave us a few weeks ago. Walking around in this chilly weather is no picnic, especially home from the gym. Being sweaty and in shorts is no fun in the wind, even the 3 block walk I have. Even though, I refuse to let the cold weather stop me from working my butt off at the gym, I'm starting (I think) to see results! The excessive home cooking is helping too. Tomorrow I'm going to make barley soup, yum!

So, I'm employed! Okay, maybe not a full time job yet, but I have a part time job at the mall and I'm doing some per diem work for a human services staffing company. I also have a second interview at a group home that I really really want. And I have another interview tomorrow. All in all I'm feeling a lot better and a LOT less stressed than I have been.

In the past few months I've realized something about myself...dear lord i'm turning into my mother! Not like that's a bad thing, she's a pretty cool chick. And I wouldn't mind looking like her when I'm her age (which is not a day past 30ish : )~ )
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
see what I mean? But, as I was saying, certain things are becoming frighteningly familiar. Last time I talked to martha we spent most of our time discussing food shopping and cooking, what's cheap, what's good, what's not time consuming. Okay, maybe that's not all my mother but it is a little "wow, I'm a grown up" ish. Also, some of the simple pleasures in life I realize I get from my mom. Tuesday Morning? YAY!!! Kirklands? unfortunately I looked and there's not one around here (thats totally mom). I try to make Patrick eat more vegetables and I have turned into a huge patriots fan. Yup, I'm turning into my mother. Lord help us all!

No comments: