Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Makes me crinkle my nose

So I haven't gone completely MIA. Things have been super busy and when I'm home I'm either trying to talk to people or chill out. But there's lots of catching up to do for those who are interested.

Right now I'm waiting to hear back from Barrington High School for the position of DEBATE COACH! i went in for an interview on Tuesday and it went great. I talked to the athletic director (weird) and the principal for about 30 minutes. During the interview I definitely expressed my enthusiasm and knowledge. We are really hoping this works for many reasons. The money of course, and because well, its what I've wanted to do for a long time. On the rest of the job front the restaurant....lets say leaves a bit to be desired. This month has been terribly slow and I'm not making near as much money as I should. There are a bunch of other things I'm looking into so I still feel positive about a big girl job.

At home things are exciting as we bought a couch! Its green and comfy and amazing. Should be coming in in the next few days. We also bought a fantastic rug that makes the whole living room look so much homier. And more comfortable when laying on the floor to watch tv. Right now I'm concentrating more on paying rent and other bills than decorating, but I'm also saving money up for some stuff I want. We're definitely going to take a trip to IKEA sometime soon. What a great store.

One thing I will admit I miss about living in the south is AC. Right now the whole apartment is stuffy and gross. Its not terribly hot outside, but our place is resembling a convection oven right now. Even sitting in the extra bedroom now is giving me hot flashes. While we have a fan in the living room and bedroom, everywhere else is awful. There is nothing fun about cooking dinner in oppressive heat. I kept thinking back to the night at Shoal Creek when the electricity went out and how horrible that was. Then again here I don't have to worry about keeping excessively rich people happy, its just patrick and he's easy.

I'm trying to think of other amusing and blog worthy things that have happened in the past week or so. Really it seems that I work, cook, clean and sleep these days. Even after work I don't usually go out with people to hang out. Mainly because the girl I work with the most is a raging alcoholic and although she's nice, she frightens me a bit. Downing a bottle of vodka a night is impressive but disturbing. Sure not interested in her version of hanging out on a Friday night. But we do have the Redbull Soapbox race coming up in Providence. My girlfriend Katie works for Redbull so we're going to check it out.

No comments: