Monday, February 4, 2008

The housewife inside of me is very very excited, i bought a shark today! Okay, so nobody knows what that is. Its a motorized hokey. Or a very small and rather inexpensive vacuum cleaner that I can use on all the floors in the house. Its kind of awesome, we had them at one of my restaurants.

So the superbowl has come and gone and alas, the Patriots did not get their undefeated season. It was a very upsetting time had by all the fans. Even if we didn't win and Patrick did many a happy dances (he's a HUGE giants fan), my food went over well and was all WW friendly! We went to our friend Chris's house for it last night and it was fun. I cuddled on the couch with Diane and read my book until the game got interested. I will admit it, I have a short attention span when it comes to televised sports. This weekend was pretty much a bum-tastic weekend. I hung out by myself all friday night and it was glorious. It was one of those nights when I just enjoyed my own company. Well, myself and guitar hero which i played for a good 2 hours. But after today I will be good and ready to get back to work. Three days off just gets boring at about 3 on Monday.

Over the past few month's I've realized I'm turning into a Rhode Islander. Not that I'm willing to loose my accent or other little southern habits, but there I have tons of things I do now like.....
-Driving : Passing to the right is perfectly acceptable, even encouraged.
Anything farther than 10 minutes is a trek and is avoided at all costs
- I've gotten my eyebrows threaded, its fantastic!
- I can pronounce the weird RI town names...Woonsocket, Pawtucket
- I've eaten a weiner (in Woonsocket, which is supposed to be the best too!) with meat sauce and celery salt
- I have said "Nosuh!" in conversation, embarrassingly enough
- I will still order iced coffee even if its freezing outside
- Ocean State Job Lot is my FAVORITE store
- I don't go to Starbucks, I go to Dunkin Donuts
- And even I really like Buddy and hope he runs again

No comments: