Thursday, May 15, 2008

Its been a crazy couple of weeks up here in RI. Its almost summer, only 26 days left of school. You would think that with the weather getting warmer, days longer and the prospect of the beach right around the corner everything would be fantastic and wonderful? WRONG! Okay, so life isn't awful, but it sure has been stressful. 6 months into the job its beginning to take a toll on me. I am exhausted, anxious and those three day weekends just aren't doing it for me anymore. Now I really see why this is only a year position. Not that I don't love my job (most of the time), because I do. I love the kids and the girls in the office, but its tough. Its tough working until at least 7 every night, even tougher having kids you care about taken from their home and put in placement. Sometimes I just want to curl up into a ball and hide from everything. But its like Patrick said during our "happy one year anniversary flip out" I have to appreciate the little things. I have to appreciate the fact that Emily's coming to town today. Or that I have great friends in RI. And of course that Patrick and I have been together for a whole year. I also need to remember how much I love my kids and even though its a hard job, its important.

That was enough of a pep talk, I know I feel better. Although I can't promise that I won't loose it at weigh in today if I gain weight. Its just been one of those weeks.

No comments: